Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sleep Schedules


How in the world do you get twins to sleep at the same time during the day?? Liam and Kadence go to sleep around the same time each night and Kadence normally sleeps through the night and Liam wakes up at 2am or 3am to get changed and sometimes he is hungry. They both wake up around the same time in the morning.

During the day I would like to have them nap at the same time and it seems IMPOSSIBLE! You can't tel 4 month old babies that it is time to lay down and take a nap. Today my husband started working his temporary job until he is a Marine Corps Recruiter (which will hopefully be sometime next month) and I was at home by myself with the twins and Noah was at preschool. I swear, one baby would fall asleep and a few minutes later the other one would wake up. Only once for about 45 minutes in the morning did they actually sleep at the same time.

I can't decide which scenario is better:
A) Both babies awake, possibly crying and hungry at the same time (although I have my Podee Bottle if that happens) but when they are both asleep I get some "me time" or cleaning time.

B)Babies alternate being awake and asleep. Positive, I don't have to get overwhelmed with two babies needing something at the same time. Negative, I NEVER get any time to myself and if I do want to do anything I will have a baby in my arms.

Option A sounds better to me. I think it is more stressful to never get a break than it is to have two babies screaming at once. I need to do some research on synchronizing sleep schedules with multiples.

No comments:

Post a Comment