Thursday, May 9, 2013

What I'm Reading...



I have been on the waiting list for this book for weeks now and I finally get to read it. It is wonderfully written by Pastor Francis Chan and its a book that makes you want to live for God because you want to, not because you have to. So far he talks about being a "Lukewarm Christian" which admittedly I AM. I don't want to be. This is the first book I have read of the genre. Christian Non Fiction. I have to say that it is definitely a wake up call. In chapter 4 the author tells you to put the book down, pick up your Bible and read the Gospels for yourself. So, that's what I'm doing. I have read through Matthew and I realize that even Jesus' disciples were subject to worldly distractions and doubt. They didn't doubt that he was the Son of God, but they tended to lose faith when an obstacle occurred instead of looking to Jesus and be unafraid. He reprimands them, of course, and seems to be pretty harsh at times. Imagine if Jesus yelled at you "You with such little faith!" Man, I'd be scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment